Guided Reading

Sunday, May 29, 2016
I am going to be posting the next few days about my guided reading groups and what I do with them! First up is a break down of my time with each group. This past year I had 27 kids in my class so I had to break my guided reading groups into 5 separate groups. I don't call my groups by numbers because some of the kids are able to figure out which group is the higher group and which is my more lower group. I refer to my guided reading groups as North group, South group, West group, East group, and if I have more than 4 I add like Southwest group name in. I know as a teacher I wasn't always confident when I heard the words guided reading and trying to figure out how to balance how much time I should be spending with each group and what I should be doing with them. If you were like me I hope that this will help you out!!

No comments